7.19.2010

Phone Call

Sunday evening at 4:30 I received a phone call from John.  He said, "Bishop, there is someone here that would like to talk to you."  I waited for a moment and then said, "Hello."  On the other end of the line I heard Delgean say, "Hi Bishop."  Her speech was a little labored, but not difficult to understand.  I asked her how she was doing.  She responded, "I'm doing good."  I told her of the people that ask me almost everyday for an update on her and of all of the people who have been and continue to pray for her.  I told her I would be speaking at a Bishop/Youth Fireside later that evening and asked whether she had anything she wanted me to tell them.  She replied, "Tell them thank you for the prayers."  She paused and then added, "And tell them that I love them."  It was such a treat to speak with her.  She has made great progress as of late in her ability to communicate.  There can be no doubt that we have been and continue to witness a miracle in her recovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment