7.28.2010

Email

I received the following email last week.  Thought it was very nice and would make a good post...so, with Ra Jette's "OK" here it is...along with a couple of pictures:

          Annika and I spent the weekend visiting Delgean, Levi, and the Fillingim Family this weekend. I have to tell you that Delgean truly IS a living miracle! I have worked in the medical field for 20+ years and kept tempering your posts about Delgean's progress, thinking she surely couldn't be making such huge leaps and bounds so quickly. Well, guess what - SHE IS!!!! I could not believe my eyes when I saw her using a fork and eating chicken and french fries just one week after starting on thickened liquids! I was amazed to watch her walking with her mom and talking in complete sentences with her visitors! Ra Jette even told us that Delgean was kicking a soccer ball with her during Physical Therapy on Friday! I think one of Delgean's biggest motivators is being told she can't do something. For example, when the Fillingim's got bottles of soda from the vending machine, Delgean grabbed one of the bottles. Ra Jette said Delgean probably couldn't open the bottle. That's all Delgean needed to hear! Not only did she open one, she opened two bottles! She is so strong, she can even push herself in her wheelchair!
          Delgean told us that she wants a big pink bag for her birthday this weekend, so she can sneak out of the hospital and go home! She won't have to sneak out - she's looking at being discharged in less than 4 weeks! I'm sure she'll be working hard to fulfill her Dance Coach's directions - Delgean has been "excused" from football season, but she is to report back for basketball season!!
          During our visit, we took Levi with us to play at the water park at our hotel. It was so fun to watch the kids playing, relaxing, and enjoying each other's company. Annika and I feel so blessed to be part of this living miracle. We admire the love and support all the Fillingim's have for each other. We're sending you some photos to share.
Kim and Annika Robinson



No comments:

Post a Comment